Elevate Your Riding with Niner Air 9 Aluminum Frame
If a cross country bike met a trail bike out in the woods, they fell in love and had a child, what would that bike be? How about Niner Air 9 Aluminum Frame? The perfect blend of cross country quickness mixed with a rowdier attitude. Run it geared. Run it singlespeed. Comfortable enough for all day riding and quick enough to pin it at the races, the new AIR 9 handles what you throw at it. Genetically engineered? Maybe not. But it sure is fun to ride.
Niner Air 9 1-Star Aluminum 29″ Features
Let’s face it. The Niner Air 9 Aluminum Frame, Niner’s lightweight aluminum hardtail, has always been capable. So how do you make capable even better? For one thing, you keep the excellent qualities of Niner’s tried and true, hydroformed aluminum. Lightweight and snappy, poppy and peepy, the AIR 9 has plenty of stiffness to get you up to speed when you stomp on the pedals. Next, apply our [R]evolution geometry which puts the rider in the sweet, balanced spot on the bike and the ride experience goes up, way up. Then, add Boost 148 spacing because tire and wheel options are a good thing. Top it off with internal routing for a dropper post and you’ve made one capable bike even more capable.
- Boost 148 spacing allows for tire/wheel options and more clearance.
- A proper tapered head tube allows riders to keep up with front fork technology.
- Internal dropper post routing.
- [R]evolution geometry makes for better handling.
- Forged chainstay/bottom bracket junction allows for better stiffness and tire clearance
You’re looking for a capable bike. You just found one. Modern geometry and amenities make this bike hard to pass up. And sure, you can say what you will about other aluminum hardtails, just don’t say it about this one.
- BB type: 73Mm PF30 BB Shell (Adapters Required For BSA Type BBs)
- Shock size:N/A)
- Shock mounting hardware: N/A
- Shock sag: N/A
- Seatpost size: 30.9
- Seat collar size: 34.9
- Front derailleur: 34.9 Side Swing, Front Pull Front Derailleur
- Headset: 1.125″ X 1.5″ Tapered Integrated (Campy Style) Head Tube, Headset Included, Cane Creek Description: IS42/28.6 | IS52/40
- Bearing specs: N/A
- Rear wheel spacing: 148x12mm
- Bottle mount location descriptions: Medium, Large, Xl Have Two Bottle Mounst Inside Triangle, S And Xs Have One Bottle Mount Inside Triangle
- Max tire size: Can Fit Up To A 29 X 2.4 Or 27.5 X 3.0 Tire (Tire Sizes Vary By Brand, Some Tires May Not Fit)
- Chainring configurations: Compatible With Standard 1X, 2X And 3X Systems
- 1x max chain ring size: 34T – Boost Chainring Recommended
- Q-Factor: 168mm
- Max fork travel: 120mm
- ISCG compatibility: No
- Max rotor size: Post Mount Disc Brake – 180Mm Max Rotor Size
- Fork offset: Designed Around 51Mm Offset
- Biocentric: Compatible With BioCentric 30
Niner Air 9 Aluminum Frame Geometry