More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? You can have all these with Wolf Tooth Elliptical 110 BCD Chain Rings.
Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
It’s like having two chainrings in one with Wolf Tooth Elliptical 110 BCD Chain Rings! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
Wolf Tooth Elliptical 110 BCD Chain Rings Compatibility:
- These rings are for use with 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets. Here is how to measure your BCD.
- Crank arm clocking arrow will be rotated 180 degrees from normal on cranksets that have 4 bolts visible and 1 hidden bolt behind the crank arm (SRAM).
- Do NOT fit on the cranksets for Shimano DA 9000 / Ultegra 6800
- Not compatible with Campy CX10/11.
- Can be mounted in either the big or small ring position of a double crankset given chainstay clearance in the small ring position.
- Stock 2x bolts will not work. You will need bolts like our 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting.
- For 1×9, 1×10, 1×11 and 1×12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline – varies – these rings can be mounted in either the big or small ring position on a double cranksets. The most common mounting is in the big ring position because of chainstay clearance. The ring centerline is ~2mm from the ring’s mounting face so they usually sit about 2mm closer to the frame than the stock big ring (depends on the stock ring)
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Design and manufactured in the Minneapolis, MN USA
- Wolf Tooth’s patent pending Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- Recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- When mounting, be sure the arrow on the chainring goes behind the crank arm