Looking for a 1X chainring for your new XT with the proven chain retention of our Drop-Stop® chainrings? We have what you need in the form of a beautifully machined asymmetrical Wolf Tooth 96mm BCD Chain Rings for Shimano XT M8000 and SLX M7000 that provides the ideal 1X chainline of 49mm. Note that the 28T & 26T sizes will mount to the inner 64BCD mounting position on these cranksets.
Wolf Tooth 96mm BCD Chain Rings for Shimano XT M8000 and SLX M7000 Compatibility:
- These rings fit on the Shimano XT M8000 and SLX M7000 1x or 2x cranksets, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For 1×9, 1×10, 1×11 and 1×12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Provide a great chainline on most boost bikes. See this explanation for details.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.