Wolf Tooth 120 BCD Chain Rings were introduced with SRAM 2×10 drivetrains and are excellent candidates for a 1x conversion with our patented Drop-Stop chain rings. These rings will allow you to convert your 120 BCD crankset, like the SRAM XX and others, to a 1x application!
- These rings fit any 120 BCD crankset or spider and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For SRAM cranksets you must use the stock M8.5 bolts. These are not standard bolts and Wolf Tooth’s bolts will not work with this chainring. Note that only about 3 threads will engage (same with the stock SRAM rings)
- For the 36t chainring and non-SRAM cranksets you will need the M8.5 bolts from Wickwerks if your crankset doesn’t already have them. These bolts actually have more threads engaged and will work better than the SRAM ones.
- 36t is the smallest number of teeth that fits on a 120 BCD
- For 1×9, 1×10, 1×11 and 1×12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Before you buy a 120 BCD ring, check to see if your cranksets has a removable spider and compatible with our direct mount rings. To determine if your spider is removable, see the top two boxes in the decision tree (the 4th picture in the product pictures).