Wolf Tooth was first to market with Cyclocross 1x specific chain rings because we saw Cyclocross as the perfect use for our Drop-Stop® technology. Since their release, the uses for the Wolf Tooth 110 BCD Cyclocross and Road Chain Rings has expanded beyond Cyclocross to commuting, gravel riding, mountain bikes with 5-arm crank power meters, and even full on road applications with the giant 50t rings!
Wolf Tooth 110 BCD Cyclocross and Road Chain Rings Compatibility:
- These rings are for use with 110 BCD 5 arm cranksets. Here is how to measure your BCD.
- Do NOT fit on the cranksets for Shimano DA 9000 / Ultegra 6800
- Not compatible with Campy CX10/11.
- Can be mounted in either the big or small ring position of a double crankset given chainstay clearance in the small ring position.
- Stock 2x bolts will not work. You will need bolts like our 6mm bolts which are optimized for single ring mounting.
- For 1×9, 1×10, 1×11 and 1×12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur! Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.